- Age 30 years
- Date of Birth 26th January 1990
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Ireland, Europe, United States of America
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 5th January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV, Category C1, Category C
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Foaling, Sales, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality French
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Management Skills, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
After graduating from university with a BSc in Equine Science and a MSc in entrepreneurship & Management, I have decide to start a career in the thoroughbred industry. I spent the first 3 months working for a NH trainer, and then moved on to the breeding side of the industry.
I graduated from the National Stud’s Diploma Course in 2016 and have since worked for various thoroughbred stud farms and bloodstock consignors in the UK, USA and France. I have gained valuable experience in all aspects of stud work: foaling, teasing, handling youngstock, sales preparation and sales work,…
I also have experience in the equine sports industry, having ridden for over 15 years and competed in show jumping, dressage, eventing, working hunter and some showing classes in France and in the UK.
My key skills are foaling, handling youngstock, and preparing and presenting horses at thoroughbreds auction sales.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love being able to see horses grow and evolve throughout their life and career. It is fascinating to see them change, especially during their first years. It is also very rewarding to be able to help horses get the best possible start in life.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
The main thing I would like to improve and gain more experience in is management, especially team management. If there was an opportunity, I would also like to improve are my stallion handling skills. I am used to handling teasers, but have limited experience with actual stallions in the breeding shed.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hard working and passionate, profesionnal and detail orientated. I am also versatile and a quick learner, so I easily adapt to new responsabilites, be it in the yard or in the office.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I am looking to take the next step in my career and move to a more senior position, preferably in the thoroughbred breeding industry.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, I need accomodation (or would need help finding accomodation nearby).
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a 4 year old well-behaved labrador that I want to take with me.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am available right away (subject to visa processing time if a visa if necessary).