- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 9th August 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region East Sussex, UK, Kent, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 1st June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, School, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
Previous work and work experience has been in and around private yards, large and small livery yards and riding schools. My experience in riding horses has been focused on show jumpers and hunters, for myself and close friends.
Other work experience has also provided me with office based skills. I have worked as front office for Karrison Property and have also done market research for Blagden Specialty Chemicals.
I’ve competed in area show jumping team for West Kent Sevenoaks Pony Club 2016. As well as Winners of the National Schools Equestrian Association (NSEA), Kent schools show-jumping 2015 & 2016 at Duckhurst.
I am in my final year at the Royal Agricultural University, studying for a BSc Hons in International Equine and Agricultural Business Management and I’m predicted to graduate this summer with a 2:1.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
- Office skills, i.e, telephone calls, emails, filing, liaising with clients and contractors, communicating information clearly
- Word document
- Working alone and as a team
- Working in attendance of vets and physios
- Long reining
- Working with children
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Seeing the progression and development of horses, whether that be improving technique, placing in competitions or recovery from injury.
I also have interest in the nutrition of horses as I feel it is vital to understand the benefit and effects of what is being fed to achieve the most out of the horse.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Areas I would like to improve in, include:
- Further knowledge of nutrition
- Management skills
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am adaptive, thorough and quick when working. I work well in a team and individually, I’m also organised and communicate clearly with clients and other colleagues. I remain calm in stressful situations and think logically about solutions.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain skills that can prepare me for a management role in the future.
• Do you need accommodation?
I do not require accommodation.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?