- Age 46 years
- Date of Birth 22nd February 1974
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Bedfordshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK, Cotswolds, Lancashire, UK, Leicestershire, UK, Lincolnshire, UK, Northamptonshire, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Shropshire, UK, Staffordshire, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 4th January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV
- Own car? Car
- Height 6’0” / 182cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Pony Club Activities
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I left school at 16 and went to work at one of the top BHS training centres in the country, where I lived and worked for 8 years, gaining not only BHS qualifications but invaluable experience in many different areas of the equine industry. I competed in all 3 disciplines and learnt to back and break many challenging horses.
When I left Ingestre I secured a job in South America, working at a large stud, riding showjump and Western horses.
During the early 2000’s I spent a year in the Middle East working at a livery yard at a large oil company compound. In 2004 I moved to Hong Kong and worked for the Hong Kong Jockey Club as a senior instructor and I also helped to retrain a number of ex-racehorses into successful competition and riding school horses.
When I finished my 2 year contract in HK I returned to the UK, took some time out from horses and went to university. I gained a 2:1 BA(hons) in Physical Education.
I am currently a self employed British Horse Society Accredited Professional Coach.
As a self-employed instructor and coach I have been able to pursue my passion for developing others.
I support riders and horse owners in all aspects of equitation and horse management, and have numerous clients whom I have worked with for many years. My clients range from7 to c.70years of age, with a broad spectrum of capability and experience.
By focussing on both short and long term goal setting, I have been able to work in partnership with clients so that they achieve their objectives and gain enjoyment from their sport and their horses.
My work has often been focussed on ridden tuition, but I have spent as much time working with clients on schooling and all aspects of horse care. Examples include working with a client to re-school a challenging project horse, producing a youngster alongside a young teenage rider and training my own horse from an unbroken 3 year old to currently working at Advanced Medium.
Recently, I was able to utilise my knowledge and understanding of equine physiology and anatomy to rehabilitate a clients horse after extensive veterinary treatment.
• Organised, disciplined and hard working
• Ability to build strong working relationships
• Self-motivated and driven
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Experience working with children and adults
• Instruction and coaching qualifications
Strengths and Weaknesses
• Horses have always been my passion, I work with horses for the horses.
• There is always areas to improve. That’s one of the things I love about this sport, you will never be perfect and much like people, each horse learns in a slightly different way. The challenge is working out how best to communicate with each horse I work with.
• I am a hard worker with years of experience, but I know there is always something else to learn.
• I would like a job where I can continue to progress as an equestrian. Riding and competing are important to me, but I also enjoy teaching and helping other riders reach their goals.
• Yes I would like accommodation.
• Currently I have to horses which I would preferably be able to bring with me.
• I have no ongoing commitments and no holidays booked.