- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 11th May 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Surrey, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 13th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 Week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been around horses and riding horses myself for 14 years. I studied for 3 years at Kirkless College first doing a Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care and then onto a Level 3 Extended diplomas in Horse Management, I came out with over all Triple Distinction*. I was in the top riding group at college for flatwork and jumping. For our flatwork project we had to take a green newbie each which was new to the college yard and then only we could work with that horse we were given. In the end I had mine starting to effectively completing Novice dressage tests and completing lateral work in a natural outline. My jumping went from only ever done 70cm to then having done for 2 years 1m and sometimes 1m 10 including arena eventing.
Alongside college I was a Riding Instructor and yard groom at my local stables for 5 years teaching from 2 year olds to 92 year olds. This would include me unlocking, opening up the riding school for the day,bringing in all the horses,unrugging,making feeds, brushing them all to be presentable for the lessons. Then tacking up and teaching lessons back to back all day.To then rug up, turn out, mucking out the whole yard + liverys. Cash up for the day and locking up all of this single handedly.
I sadly left this yard due to the wage just not being enough to progress into life. I started working at my local hospital but along side this to be able to stay around horses I continued the competition grooming and exercise riding i was doing a lady/friend of mine. She has 5 horses on a little yard. I would ride 3 of them in the arena & take them on hacks to keep up their fitness rougly 3 times a week each. The other 2 were foals so i would help hand walk them and brush them to get them de-sensitized.
One of her horses is currently regularly competing up to intermediate Affiliated dressage and has been to 3 Regional shows. I would plenty of times get him show prepped the evening before such as bathing,brushing etc. Then in the morning load him into the trailer, get all equipment needed for the day together and then look after him for the show day walking him round after classes to cool him off. Before re loading him and sorting out the evening jobs when we returned to the yard. One other horse is a retired 3 day eventer she has calmed down with her age but still needs the work level to be fairly intense or she would get a bit fizzy. Thus i would take her for fairly long intense hacks and sometimes arena flatwork. The 3rd and final to ride was a 4 year old very mareish pony but she was very skittish at everything on hacks so i was regularly taking her out to slowly get her calmer so she was at a good level to be ready to sell.
I am good at working alone or as part of a team. I have done lots of show grooming, exercise riding/hacking, Trimming, plaiting, pulling, tack cleaning, lunging, long reining and more. Riding horses at various different levels and stages improving their knowledge and confidence. General yard chores of course such as mucking out, turning out, bringing in, rug changes,feed making, health checks, exercise and travel bandaging etc.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I absolutely love riding/overall just training horses such as lunging, long reining etc – It gives me great joy when i see the horses progress between a few sessions or even just within the one training session as i am thrilled that i have created that difference and learning experience for the horse or rider.
• I would like to improve a little bit more on difficult clip styles. Due to in college we would only really do the Blanket and the Trace due to they didn’t really have massive work loads/ they were mostly cobs with nice feathers. Thus i have not clipped a horses legs bare before. So i feel if i was to clip a higher level worked horse such as a full clip i would just need a little more techniques to be told to me or just to be shown once or twice.
• I feel sometimes having had the experience first hand helps a lot more than purely academic status to your name. As i feel you can learn a lot about horses in a classroom but being there in the moments and dealing with various situations helps if you come across them again. I definitely have seen and been around a lot of equine experience for my fairly young age already.
• I would love to just be out there again seeing and gaining more experience being in the horse industry in another area of the UK either being a groom helping them with yard duties, exercising their horses. Always willing to give 110 % whatever the task due to pure passion for horses.
• Do you require accommodation?
No i live in Cranleigh
• Do you have any special requirements for any pets you wish to bring?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know about?
Possible week needed off in June for an abroad wedding but nothing else apart from this