- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 8th October 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cambridgeshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 19th April 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked as a freelance groom for five years (started at 16 years of age). I have worked with competition horses, from Grand Prix dressage horses to 3* event horses; both caring for the horse day to day, exercising and preparing for competition, as well as grooming at large events (one day and stay away competitions). Furthermore I have experience working with riding school horses to livery horses as well as working within private properties, including youngstock, stud horses and ex-racehorses.
In addition, I own and compete my own two horses; one being a dressage pony and the other an event horse, I have also been successful in showing and producing Young show horses.
Lastly, since 2015 I have completed two years of the level 3 extended diploma in equine management and currently in the final year (finishing April 2020) in Bsc (Hons) equine rehabilitation and therapy and completing the equine energy massage course in August 2020.
My key skills include: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, grooming at shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, early training (ground work) with young horses, rehabilitation and retraining, lunging and long-reining, riding on the flat and over fences.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy being around horses and seeing and aiding in the improvement of their performance. I also enjoying building bonds with the horses I work with and care for them as if they were my own.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my ridden skills, stretching them further than my current ability
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a hard worker and extremely dedicated to my job, the animals I look after are treated as if they are my own and always come first, day or night. I am flexible with what I do day to day and happy to work as a team or as sole charge.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to expand my experience and knowledge in equine training and performance within any discipline however racing, dressage or eventing is preferred.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, depending on location
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I would like to be able to bring my small, well behaved dog with the possibility of my two horses, however alternate arrangements could be made for the horses
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Finishing my university degree, final month being April 2020 and a short, week long equine massage course in august
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
1 week away in October