- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 31st August 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 25th March 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Part of a Team, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Sales, Stud, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Muck Out, Sales Preparation, Sole charge, Veterinary Experience, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have completed 2 years in Australia, working in various roles on large thoroughbred stud farms. Mainly foaling on my own (first season 260 and second year 60 before moving to NZ), maintaining and recording treatments and administering them in regards to breeding, covering, foaling or general pain relief orally, IV and IM. I can also take bloods from foals for IGGs. I have handled foals with the mare, weaned foals and prepped weanlings and yearlings for sales, including teaching them to walk and stand correctly, parading for clients and taking them around the sales ring. Teaching horses to accept equipment such as bits, bridles, rollers and rugs etc. I have also worked 4 months in New Zealand soley prepping yearlings for Karaka Millions sale. Maintaining horses health, basic first aid. I have also assisted with vetting, dentists, farriers and other professionals where needed. Not afraid of a muck fork and rather good with a hot towel and grooming brush!
I can work alone, on feed runs, leading mares and foals and young horses. I have a very calm nature which helps a lot especially as each horse has different temperaments and particular needs. I can keep record of daily goings on, treatments and understand communication is absolutely key. More than happy to work within a team as it’s important to build confidence and rapor with others. Also to have fun where possible whilst getting the job done in a timely manor where possible. I can also go home at the end of the day and treat each day brand new.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I love the satisfaction that comes with working with horses. Perhaps getting a horse with a particular temperament to accept something after spending time without stressing them out, or being able to catch a difficult horse.
Also I love to see progress, from foals to weanlings to yearlings and following them to perhaps when they race or go to shows etc. I don’t get attached very easily but I love to see individuals grow. (I love to see people grow too, always aiming for self improvement with others!
I have riding experience purely hacking only. I have ridden youngsters, however I am not a professional rider!!
I will need accommodation. I do have a car, I am willing to relocate. I do have a small dog, a labrador cross spaniel house trained and very good with horses. It would be great to bring her, but understand this may not be possible in most cases so there are alternative arrangements if that’s the case.