- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 18th September 1998
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Norfolk, UK, Suffolk, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 3rd April 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Classical, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Polo, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, School, Sole charge, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I’ve been riding and caring for horses from the age of ten. During this time I competed in local competitions, mostly for show jumping and after leaving high school I got a level 3 equine management qualification. Since college Ive worked on a dressage/natural horsemanship training yard where I was mainly yard based however my then boss was teaching me the training methods she used etc so I would then help her with client horses. After this yard I went on to work for the equine charity redwings and most recently I have been working as a Work rider/Racehorse groom on a dual purpose racing yard.
I’m happy working both with others and alone. I adapt well to situations and learn/adapt quickly to be able to fit the place I’m working. I’m confident working with and handling a variety of horses as over the years I have acquired knowledge from the different experiences Ive had on how I can handle the more difficult pushy horses confidently and comfortably.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I mostly enjoy working with horses because it allows me to be around them all day. I like being able to care for them and build relationships with the horses I work with whether thats through caring for them or riding them.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I like to be learning constantly so I can further my knowledge in the different disciplines within the industry as well as just the general care for the horses and how different employers like their horses cared for.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Im an efficient worker that isn’t difficult to be around. I enjoy working hard and am happiest when I’m busy.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?