- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 8th September 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region Cheshire, UK, Cumbria, France, Germany, Lancashire, UK, Merseyside, UK, North Yorkshire, UK, South Yorkshire, UK, Staffordshire, UK, Wales, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 31st May 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2-3 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Livery, Sales, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
- Experience with Horses
When I was eighteen I bought my own horse, after working part time for three years, and saving up during college. I’ve been horseriding for 10 years, having weekly lessons at my riding school and also loaning ponies. I have also worked and volunteered at Stud yards, livery yards and riding schools where I have ridden, lunged and groomed horses as well as mucking out, filling haynets and performing general yard tasks.
I’m a quiet rider who prefers a kind but firm approach to handling and riding horses. I’ve been told I work well with ‘typical’ mares especially. I enjoy mucking out, grooming, bathing, plaiting and schooling horses. I’m a fast learner (with a keen eye for detail) ambitious and enjoy working alone and as part of a team as I’m friendly and respectful and find it easy to get along with people.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The moments where you can feel the partnership with your horse beginning to develop and see the hard work pay off. Especially when your horse is trying his best and enjoys his work. I always prefer to be kept busy and working with horses means no two days are the same, which I love. I also love the countryside so I enjoy working outdoors!
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d like to improve my flatwork and jumping skills as well as my general horse care knowledge. I would also like to improve my clipping skills.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
As the only horse-person in my family, I’ve had to work hard to be involved in the Equestrian world. From working at stables for riding lessons, to buying my own horse just after my eighteenth birthday, nothing has been handed to me as I haven’t had the fortune of coming from a horsey background. So, although I’ve never worked full time at a professional yard before, I’m enthusiastic, motivated and ready to learn!
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’d like to have a groom position with riding, where I can develop my jumping and flatwork skills and possibly have an opportunity to compete in the future. A bonus if I could be trained for the BHS levels as I would like to progress through these, and if there are opportunities to groom at shows even better!
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, if located over 30 minutes away from Preston, Lancashire area.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?