- Age 27 years
- Date of Birth 25th July 1993
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Avon, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 1st July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Endurance, Eventing, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, School, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been working part-time with horses for the last ten years alongside college and university courses in biology and wildlife conservation. My experience with horses has been predominantly at riding schools and trekking yards, where I worked for a number of years. I have also exercised polo and endurance horses in New Zealand.
Last year I worked on the yard of international event rider, Harry Meade, which I loved. I sadly left to pursue a wildlife conservation opportunity in Canada, but have no returned to the UK and intend to follow my true passion – working with horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I am confident and hardworking with all aspect of yard work; mucking out to a high standard, changing rugs, turning out and bringing in, feeding, yard cleanliness etc. I’m particularly good at poo picking, keeping a tidy muck heap and scrubbing troughs! I always work with a smile and am happy to work as part of a team or alone on the yard.
I love the physical component of working with horses and working outside in all weathers. I enjoy the satisfaction that comes with having happy horses and a clean yard at the end of each day (even though it will need doing all over again the next).
I would like to improve my turn out abilities (e.g. top-quality plaiting, bandaging etc), and working with competition horses and young animals. I would love to learn to ride new disciplines, western in particular, and go back to improving technical riding on the flat and confidence over jumps.
As a mature member of any team, I am a quiet, friendly employee who works consistently hard.
I am looking for a job to get me re-started in the equine industry after a short period of time out. Preferably I am looking for a role that includes riding.
I do not require accommodation or to bring my own animal at this time.