- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 13th May 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st May 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Foaling, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have been around horses from a young age. I started volunteering with the RDA from the age of 12 and my passion for working for horses has continued since then. I have worked on a range of different types of yards from fully livery yards, competition and stud yards. I have lots of experience working with all types of stallions big and small, foals from just hours old and all horses ranging in age and breeds.
I also have my BHS Stage 1, Ride and Care, HNC Equine Studies and HND Equine Studies. This year i was also nominated for a LANTRA Award in the Equine Industry category.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I would say my key skills are working alone and with others, grooming to a high standard for competitions, and handling young horses/ Stallions. I also believe that i have good people skills and can work effectively with people from all walks of life and believe because of this i am able to bring out the best in my other employees encouraging them and myself to work to the best of our abilities.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Being outdoors doing what i love most.
Seeing results from the hard work im putting in.
Continuing grow my knowledge of this amazing industry.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I believe that i am a hard working individual, who puts everything they have into the work i am doing. I am also a very organised individual, and try to bring these skill into the work i am doing, where possible.
I am also always looking to learn new skills, and i am always willing to assist people where i can learn something new.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to work with young horses as this is my favourite type of work, however i am willing to turn my hand to any work.
I would like to continue with my BHS stages, and would enjoy doing these along side working.
• Do you need accommodation?
Preferably yes, however would depend on the distance from my current location.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am currently finishing my HND qualification online, but this will be completed by the end of May at the very latest.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?