- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 16th February 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 9th May 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, School, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Brown Ledge Camp Vermont
I worked at Brown Ledge Camp in VT USA for 3 months (June-Sept 2019). During this time myself and 3 others were in charge of 32 horses, duties included mucking out, feeding, giving meds, exercising and turning out. I learned a lot this Summer and gained a lot of confidence leading and being around fresh horses.
Dean Castle Riding School
I am currently volunteering at Dean Castle Riding school in Kilmarnock. Tasks here include mucking out, feeding, bathing, grooming, exercising, turning out.
Mid Gavin Farm
I volunteered at Mid Gavin Farm horse rescue centre. Duties here included mucking out, feeding and grooming. This gave me a lot of knowledge regarding rescue horses and how to be around difficult rescues.
I have shared a horse on a private yard for just over 3 years. I undertake all activities surrounding owning a horse from mucking out to riding. I have helped my sharer exercise her other horses including her young OTTB.
I also have a lot of experience in the hospitality industry from working in KFC and various cafes to working in a 4* hotel restaurant. I have great customer service and work very well in teams due to this.
I am also capable of working alone and am able to use my initiative however will not be afraid to ask questions if I have any.
I have great organisational skills and in June will be graduating from Glasgow Kelvin College, being on track to get an A in HND Music performance.
• I love how rewarding working with horses is. I have always loved horses but was never in a financial position to be able to have riding lessons or share a horse. As soon as I started working I found a sharer and began riding and continue to love it more and more every day.
• I currently live just outside Glasgow, Scotland. I am happy to travel but if it is far accommodation will be needed.