- Age 30 years
- Date of Birth 22nd May 1990
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 25th May 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 Weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Veterinary Experience
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I started riding at age 3, spent many years of my life on / off riding. I had my own pony for 25 years but sadly lost him last year at the ripe old age of 38! After leaving school I worked in a kennels & cattery which housed rescue animals for the RSPCA. In 2007 I studied a National Diploma in Animal Management for 2 years, later studying animal behaviour & psychology. At 20 I went to study at the National Stud & completed an apprenticeship in racehorse care & breeding. I then worked on top studs around the world including Cheveley Park Stud & Coolmore. As you can see most of my working career has been spent in the animal care industry, mainly focusing around horses. I currently work in a veterinary practice.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am very capable of working independently or as part of a team. Given my years of experience I have a variety of skills & knowledge in both horse & animal care.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
No 2 days are the same. I love that they all have their own characters & you have to build a bond with each of them.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My riding, I have been out of the saddle for a few years but I would embrace the challenge of getting back into it!
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am extremely hardworking & caring. Pretty happy go lucky & will go above what is asked of me.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Animal welfare is a top priority for me & the reason I have left previous employments is down to this not being a top priority. I would like to work somewhere who has similar values.
• Do you need accommodation?
Depending on location but I am happy to live away from home.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?