- Age 47 years
- Date of Birth 12th January 1974
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Hampshire, UK
- Job Category Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st March 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Endurance, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Veterinary Experience
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have many years experience of horses, in my youth I ran hunting yards, groomed for show-jumpers, and worked for a veterinary specialist yard. I completed BHS exams to stage 2 and have studied to stage 4 in stable management. I then needed to earn more money and started laboratory work, which is where I still am 25 years later, but during this time I have owned my own horses and have been actively involved in training and crewing horses for endurance up to world class level, I have a specific interest in nutrition, equine psychology and rehabilitation. I have worked with a range of horses from riding school ponies, stallions and broodmares, showjumpers, hunters, endurance horses, I have high standards of stable management, veterinary understanding and can clip and plait.
I have high standards and expect the same of those I am working for and with, I am happy to work alone, but enjoy being part of a team. I am hardworking and physically capable but I acknowledge that I am no longer 20 so have no desire to be sitting on a feisty 4 year old. I am happy hacking out and doing fittening work, but the riding is not the most important part of the job for me, having sound, happy and well looked after horses is paramount. I can clip and plait, have some veterinary knowledge and enjoy treating and rehabilitating horses from injury. I have a current first aid at work qualification and mental health first aid certificate. I have a full UK driving licence and can tow and drive up to 7.5ton vehicles.
I am organised and fair in my approach to others and take a logical approach to problem solving staying calm in stressful situations.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Happy, healthy and sound horses, especially those who have had issues to overcome.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hard-working, reliable, honest and fair.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Something in the equine industry, I enjoy problem solving, mentoring and passing on my skills and knowledge.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
no, but I would like to be able to continue with competing my own horse so prefer not to work weekends/ or every weeekend.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?