- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 28th July 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Ireland, United States of America
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 30th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? None
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
My equine experience is; I grew up on a livery yard, looking after my family’s own horses, also the livery’s as well working with young stock, stallions and everything in between. My family has also always competed, competing at county level and non-county level, in flat classes, in-hand classes, working hunter, and carriage driving.
I have also worked for The Donkey Sanctuary Donkey Leeds for the past five years as an Equine Assistant, I had previously volunteered for the organisation during high school. Within this role I have worked with the public and people with special needs and disabilities with riding and ground work therapy.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
My equine skills are; mucking out, lunging, longing reining, handling stallions, handling young stock, riding young stock, supervisory skills, turning out for shows to a high standard, working alone, working with others, trimming, transporting horses, starting/breaking, schooling.while working at the donkey sanctuary i have gained levels 1 to 5 in donkey learning, i have also done a foundation course in donkey facilitated learning,i have taught special needs children barn management. I am DBS enhanced checked.
My non equine skills are; Administration skills, computer skills, retail experience, supervisory skills, cash management skills.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy working with horses because it is one of the most rewarding jobs out there. The fact that you are able to build a relationship with theses animals and see the bond between you and them. And see them grow and improve along side yourself.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my riding, as I took time off from riding so I’m not as good as I used to be.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Employers should consider me because; I’m reliable, I have a lot of experience, I’m responsible, I’m a quick learner, a good listener, I have a great communication skills, I can lead when needed.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain yard management skills, My BHS exams, and also improved riding skills.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, I will need accommodation.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?