- Age 17 years
- Date of Birth 7th November 2002
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland
- Job Category Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 18th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College, Sales, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Polish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been fortunate enough to gain experience in the more tourism based and leisure equine facilities in Poland. Although a beginner at the time, volunteering for the summer, I was given many responsibilities. Everyday I was required to help prepare the horses who were scheduled for lessons, lead rides, day trips to the near by beachs and forests. Preparation involved first bringing the horses from the fields (multiple times as after their scheduled activity they would be taken back to the field) then feeding them, grooming and tack up. This was my daily routine which would be repeated everyday from 8:30am to 8:00pm. On top of that I was put in charge of lead rides for children below 10 years. To engage the children I would often teach them basic riding skills such as positioning in the saddle, balance and movements at different gaits (i.e. raising trot). Also different exercises often done during lunging lessons to improve those skills. This not only helped the children become more comfortable and more confident while in the saddle but also made the sessions more fun and enjoyable.
As for my skills I am good at working with others, as well as alone. I am a fast learner always eager to learn new skills. I would consider myself as easy to talk to and having good communication skills, I enjoy conversing with clients and others, especially children ( I’m the oldest of 4 siblings). As for equine related skills: I am exeptionally good at plaiting (both mane and tail), handling horses for the purposes of lead rides, over all handling.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I enjoy working with horses as in my opinion it is the most rewarding type of work. When everyone would be leaving for the breaks during my time volunteering in Poland I would often willingly stay behind to complete some more work around the horses and believe me I was never happier to do extra work then I was then.
• I would want to improve my ability to exercise and train horses although unable to ride I would love to learn how to lunge. Also I would like to broaden my knowledge about further management practices in different facilities.
• The reason why I believe that I would be a good employee is my willingness to work hard in order to achieve my goals. I appreciate the fact that working with horses has it’s problems and I’m ready to help in whatever way I can to make the load lighter for the employer and taking initiative.
• I would want to gain further knowledge and understanding of the industry. Get to know the different aspects of the given position and gain further experience.
• If the work placement is not found at a distance which would be suitable to drive on a daily basis, I would hope that accomedation would be provided or organised, if it wouldn’t pose as an inconvenience.
• I am a Jehovah’s Witness and twice a week (every Sunday and Thursday) we have gatherings although I will not require the whole day free I do wish for time to allow me to prepare for and attend these gatherings.