- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 15th July 2002
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Oxfordshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours
- Earliest start date 20th May 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period I am out of college looking for a job
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Foaling, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, School
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have owned and been around horses my whole life, this includes looking after them myself without any help when I became old enough and confident enough. I have alway been interested in horses and have always tried my best. after school I knew I wanted a career with horses so I applied for the Hartpury college level 3 extended diploma in horse management. while being at Hartpury I furthered my knowledge in horses and learnt both practical and theory, for example I learnt about the skeletal system, the reproductive tract, the evolution of horses, which feeds are best for which horse and the correct amount to give them for the amount of work the horse is in. I have also learnt about injuries that horses may have and have talked through how I would care for them, this is from cold hosing to calling the vet for ultrasounds. swell as this theory I have been on the yard doing general yard duties, this included mucking out, tack cleaning, grooming, rug changing, feeding and putting horses on and off the walker. I also got taught how to lunge, long rein and do group and individual lessons. at Hartpury I had chances to handle all of the horses which helped me with my confidence and the horses were all different shapes, sizes and breeds all with different temperaments.
some of my key skills is that. can work alone and get the job by myself while having the confidence to do that, however I am also willing to work with others as part of a team as I am friendly and get along with everyone. I would say another skill of mine is that I am hard working and willing to try anything. I have also been taught how to clip and plait horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I think what I would enjoy most about working for horses is that each day is different, no two days will be the same because each horse is different and each one has different moods. therefor working for horses is never boring, there is always something to do and something I could be doing.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
one thing I would like to improve on is my knowledge of younger horses as I have had limited experience with them. i would also like to improve on working to rehabilitate and helping to re-home horses that need it, however I will be willing and happy to look after and help any horse whether its a top level jumper or a horse needing to be brought back into work.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I believe employers should consider me over other candidates as I am hard working and confident with both people and horses. I am friendly, work well with others and happy to be apart of a team. I am also young and ready and willing to further my knowledge and learn as much as I can. I also have lots of experience of looking after my own horses and other horses too. I am also patient and willing to work with any horse.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
in my next job I wold ideally like to work hands on with horses and learn as much as I possibly can about them and different ways people handle and look after them. even though I have experience dealing with different horses that are different heights with different temperaments I would like to gain more experience.
• Do you need accommodation?
I would need accommodation depending on how far it is from where I live and where I keep my horse. therefore needing accommodation will depend on where the job is based.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
depending on how far away the job is from where my horse is currently based I would like to move him with me. this wouldn’t be a problem as he is a 14 year old friendly gelding. he doesn’t kick, buck, rear or bite. he is easy to lead and handle and gets along well with other horses.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
at the moment the only ongoing commitment I have is looking after my horse which wouldn’t affect my work in any way and as I have said if the job was too far to travel back and forth I would be happy to bring him with me if the job would allow it.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
at the moment I have no holidays or plans that would affect my job or take me away from it. however if that changes I would let my employer know of my plans straight away.