- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 16th March 2002
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 1st June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, College, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, School, Teach, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have ridden horses since the age of 7, and am comfortable riding difficult horses.
I have volunteered at a local farm which up until recently owned three Suffolk Punch horses including a 4 year old who I helped prepare for open days and agricultural shows, as well as looking after her once at the shows. I also had the opportunity to ride one of the older horses. One of the other volunteers allowed me to work with himself and his four horses to improve my ground handling, including long reining and helping with a horse that was afraid of a mountain block. He also gave me the opportunity to ride the horses which included an 18.2 hh Shire and an Ardennes.
As a riding instructor I work as part of a team teaching students age 4 and above as well as escorting hacks. My duties also include grooming, mucking out, cash handling and customer assistance.
I also look after a number of livery horses whilst their owners are away, including a five year old ex-racer whose owner was away at university. Looking after the five year old taught me a lot as he was extremely accident prone, meaning I had to learn basic equine first-aid including how to apply hot and cold poultices.
Working alone, working in a team, working with children, plaiting, handling/riding young horses, handling/riding heavy horses, long rein, lunging, ride, school, human first aid, computer skills, pet care, cooking, time management
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
That there is always something new to learn whether its on the ground or in the saddle. I enjoy learning and being able to combine that with my love of horses.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my show turn out as I have had little experience.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a highly motivated, confident, enthusiastic person with the willingness to learn and the ability to work as part of a team.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I am looking to further my skills whilst working as part of a successful team.
• Do you need accommodation?
Depending on location
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Sunday job as a horse riding instructor. If the role does not include working weekends I am looking to continue this job, however I am willing to give notice.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?