- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 21st March 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary), Working Couple
- Earliest start date 29th May 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, College, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
My personal experience with horses has been from a very early age. My family has always owned horses, so I was born into the horse world. I have personally had experience in a few disciplines, my favourite being Dressage. I have worked in three different riding schools in my working career, as an instructor and yard hand. This has involved working with clients of all ages, horses and ponies of all sizes and personalities, and training in showjumping, cross country, dressage and schooling. I have also worked as a manager in a small family owned feed store, which means I have plenty of knowlege with equestrian products and feeds.
I have lead stable management sessions, teaching clients how to look after and care for their horses, including basic first aid, grooming, and handling. I have been involved in bringing on young and green horses, from groundwork up to riding. I have handled stallions, and ill tempered horses frequently.
I am extremely thorough, and have great attention to detail. Horses will be groomed to perfection, their stables will be immacculate, tools correctly stored and cleaned. I keep the space I work clean, neat and tidy, and will never put only half of myself into a job. I notice small details well, and have a great eye for spotting injuries and lameness, which will always be taken seriously. I am a great leader and motivator, and happy to manage a team, equally happy to be part of one.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love the satisfaction of working with horses, putting in good, hard work and seeing the outcome reflect on the horses is amazing. Putting in hours of work to achieve the goals you want, in any scenario, whether it is simply completing yard duties to perfection, putting in groundwork with the horse, or training and schooling to see the muscles develop and horses become stronger and more talanted.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
On the ground I can remain calm in almost all situations, however my confidence when riding is not where I would ideally like it to be on green or difficult horses.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
My attention to detail and work ethic will be above and beyond. I am solely focussed on my job, and willing to learn and progress to any standard required of me. I will go the extra mile for an employer who gives me the opportunity to.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I want to be part of a team I can be proud of. I would like to put my skills to good use, and be an asset to a fantastic yard.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a dog (italian greyound) who follows me everywhere, and is used to being on the yard and is perfectly behaved around other animals.
I also have a 14hh pony who would need to come along with me!
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?