- Age 16 years
- Date of Birth 2nd July 2004
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Dorset, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period I currently have a weekend job so would need to give a months notice before leaving.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Livery, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, School, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I started working at Dorset Showground from 2017 until 2019 when they had competitions taking place. This included me taking the numbers from competitors and writing them on the board for the ring steward, changing the course around, changing the heights and re-numbering jumps for the course builder. I have previously completed my work experience in Year 10 at Caroline Harris Eventing, doing day to day yard duties such as: feeding, turning out/bringing in, mucking out, riding, tacking up, bathing, making feeds, filling hay nets and rug changes. Currently, I work at Hannah Bailey Equine doing solo yard duties every Sunday. Hannah’s horses range from unbacked ponies to competition horses so I am comfortable working with all sizes.
I have been riding for over 8 years, and bought my second horse last year. He had not done much jumping or competing and struggled to get round a full course. He is now out competing up to 80cm and we have qualified for Trailblazers and Cricklands at both 70cm and 80cm. I often represented my School out show jumping, where we qualified for the NSEA regional championships. I am hoping to carry on improving my riding and hopefully compete up to 1.10m
I can muck out, fill hay nets, prepare horses to be exercised, make feeds, turn out/bring in, bandage, ride and hold horses for the vets.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I believe my strengths ae that I’m very reliable and work well in a team or in a one to one basis. I am good at completing tasks given to me in a confident manner but I am also willing to ask for help when needed. I have learnt to become organised and to work efficiently but also to be flexible if the situation is needed. Most of all, I feel I am confident and committed to the tasks given to me.
I would like to gain knowledge and help develop my confidence and learn the skills needed in the equine industry.
I would like to work at either an Eventing or show jumping yard, as this is what I would like to gain more experience in.
I would need accommodation if the yard is further than 15 minutes away from Gillingham, Dorset. I would like to bring a horse with me, although this is not essential.