- Age 29 years
- Date of Birth 6th February 1991
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 1st July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer
- Own car? None
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 13st / 82.6kg / 182lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Polo, Racing Flat, Rehabilitation, Sales, Show Jumping, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Canadian
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I’ve been a professional show jumping groom for 4 years, but I’ve been around horses since I was 10 years old. I have ridden everything from off track Thoroughbreds to working cow ponies.
Over the 4 years, my grooming career has taken me to FEI shows over North America, Europe and even Africa! I’m confident and capable traveling and handling several horses at the shows.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I’m an excellent team player, I get along with everyone I meet. I’m also capable of working solo. I plait, bandage, clip and turn out to a high level.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love connecting with the horses I work with. I enjoy getting to know their individual personalities, their likes and dislikes, and finding ways to keep them happy.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Oh, plenty! I have so much more to learn about this industry.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m passionate, reliable and a fast learner. The horses matter to me, and I’m happy to go above and beyond for their welfare.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
In my next job, I would like to “level up”. My next job should be challenging, engaging and exciting. I’m looking for an opportunity that could lead to a head groom position.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I currently have a job. I would need time to give notice.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?