- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 23rd October 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 16th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Moped
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Foaling, Horse Transport, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Sales
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Irish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Veterinary Experience, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have grown up on an active farm and have always had family ponies and horses to care for. I worked in a riding school and show-jmuping yard for three years with responsibility caring for over 30 horses and ponies and assisting teaching lessons. I studied at CAFRE Enniskillen a BSc degree in Equine Management and during those three years I cared for broodmares, foals, racehorses and equitation horses. Some duties include lungeing, long reining, assisting with veterinary procedures and farriery visits, travelling stock and showing foals at the Irish sales. I also travelled internationally to Kentucky where I visited a high volume of stud farms and job shadowed at Coolmore’s Ashford farm. I have also experience in the showing industry and have showed a broodmare and foal before.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am conscientious, hard working and dedicated to developing my current skills and always aim to improve myself for the better. Since breeding ponies, handling livestock births and being heavily involved in the college’s breeding yard, I have a significant depth of experience in foalings and care of the newborn foal. I also owned show jumping ponies so have years of experience riding and meeting their needs. I work well in a team as I have worked with the National Trust as a committed team member for over three years. I also thrive working on my own initiate since developing this working as a private nanny and feel confident making key decisions on my own. I have been a foster carer for ten years so I consider myself very patient and adaptable as needed to the situation faced.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? Watching how my efforts and dedication to an animal can build their confidence, trust and in turn allow them to thrive and grow into the best version of themselves.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve? My ability to detach myself from work as I generally get too emotionally attached as I care so much about giving 110% to the horses in my care.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? My loyalty and commitment will not be topped as I am extremely passionate and dedicated to any job role I have ever fulfilled.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? More on the ground experience being hands on with stock.
• Do you need accommodation? Yes.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? No.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments? No.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? No.