- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 22nd April 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region East Sussex, UK, Surrey, UK, West Sussex, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Hunting, Polo, Rehabilitation, Showing, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I was brought up on our family farm, so have been around large animals my whole life. I started riding at a young age and used to help over the weekends at a local professional riders yard at the age of fourteen where I gained the numerous valuable skills and awareness of sport horse requirements. From this, I was offered a job, where my responsibilities and commitments as an event groom grew, which has enabled myself to develop skills required for a competition groom and have travelled nationally and internationally as a competition groom. I have thereon worked with a professional dressage rider, dealing with young and fit horses as well as stallions; expanding my abilities to adapt my grooming skills to those required by the employer.
I have developed my riding skills throughout the time of working with horses and also produced my own event horse when I brought a four-year old off the track race horse. The opportunity of riding and producing my own horse has taught myself a lot and something I value, given the successful end of the 2019 event season where I got a second and first placings at local British Eventing venues. Although I event my own horse, I will go hunting and enjoy riding and training with dressage and show jumping, with the hope to compete at team chasing in the future.
During my degree in Equine Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation, I have developed my skills surrounding the equine rehabilitation sector, including equine hydrotherapy handling skills; throughout developing these skills on the application of equine swimming, water treadmill exercise and spa treatment within various cases and situations, yet tailored to individual horses requirements.
I have developed a range of skills surrounding those of general horse husbandry, specifically within the practical equine sector including, taking sole charge/supervisory role/working as a team and others, show preparation (clipping, plaiting, high level of turning out, studding), competition grooming, handling young, fit and stallion sport horses, riding a various of sports horses at different levels and ages; whilst completing daily tasks at high standards such as mucking out, feeding and bandaging.
Additionally within and out of equine specific skills, I have developed as an ambitious, pro-active, organised, and hardworking individual with good initiative, where I can take responsibility and be a reliable team member or work independently.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy working within the network required for equine sports horses from the daily routine to international competitions or rehabilitation cases, specifically surrounding hydrotherapy. I truly enjoy becoming part of the team, working hard and watching the success of those who I work for and work around.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Completing my LGV licence is in the process at the moment and will completed when can do so. I believe would be a valuable area to improve on for a career in equine an service which I can provided for an employer.
The previous job vaccines have been within Eventing and dressage but I am willing to work with other sport horses such as Hunting and Showjumping or at private family yards.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am passionate for achieving and further development with my strong works ethics. Ensuring horse health and well-being is such a strong aspect within performance, where putting in the hard work daily is ever so achieving when watching those horses compete and show their success. I am fully committed within the job role to produce high standards of work while working within enjoyable environments.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like implement the knowledge gained from university within the practical workplace, utilising the understanding of the science behind performance and physiology, whilst further building on management skills as assistant head or sole charge.
- Do you need accommodation?
Yes, I would like to have accommodation, but dependant on location this many not be an essential if commuting travel was not far.
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have one horse, where ideally I could bring him with myself to the job
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
My horse is my only ongoing commitment
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
One weeks Ski holiday, that has been postponed due to travel restrictions from march; potentially to be credited in December