- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 24th September 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region East Sussex, UK, Kent, UK, West Sussex, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Part Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 6th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Showing, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality New Zealander
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I grew up in an equestrian family, eventually taking up competitive riding (namely A&P shows and showing) and instructing.
In 2011, I assisted with the startup of Whangamata Pony Club where I gave riding and horse care lessons, and facilitated children’s camps and competitions.
I consider myself to be a calm, friendly, reliable and thoughtful person, am a fast learner and strive to do my best in all areas. My reliability and high level of initiative are my most valuable qualities, and I thrive in both independent and team environments.
I am competent with general yard duties, such as clipping, plaiting, trimming, feeding, turning out for shows, paddock maintenance, mucking out etc. I am a competent rider, especially with flatwork and schooling. I have a knack for organisation and planning. I enjoy creating programmes and schedules.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love being outdoors, caring for and connecting with horses, and working as part of a team.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my equine skills in all fields. My knowledge is based upon my experiences owning and competing horses in New Zealand. I would love to learn more about how things are done in the UK.
And as all riders should, I would most of all like to improve my riding, particularly schooling and jumping. My primary focus as a teen was dressage and showing, but I would now like to take that knowledge across to jumping and develop my skills in Show Hunter and Cross Country, as well as Western disciplines.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a highly adaptable, reliable and efficient self-starter. I am a keen learner and work fantastically, in both independent and team environments.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience in the equine sector. I am ideally looking for a position that allows me to upskill in the areas of youngstock, Cross Country or Western riding and training.
• Do you need accommodation?