- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 24th February 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Europe, United States of America
- County/State/Region Australia, Canada, Cheshire, UK, Cyprus, France, Portugal, Wales, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 30th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
In 2019 I graduated from Chester University (Reaseheath College) with a Foundation Degree in Arts in Rural Events Management. Prior to this, in July 2017, I gained a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Equine Management from Reaseheath College.
In 2016, I was selected to work for Bob Ellis as part of his Arena team to represent Reaseheath College for the Queens 90th birthday in the Royal Windsor Horse Show. Since then I have become a regular member of his freelance team, working in the Royal Windsor Horse Show, the Liverpool International Horse Show & Bolesworth International Horse Show
Whilst in my second year at in Reaseheath I worked for Andrew Heffernan as a groom on his Event Yard in Somerford, Cheshire.
My equine experience also extends to working for Justine Armitage, British Grand Prix dressage rider and her sister Janine Pendlebury on her Lusitano Riding Centre & Stud in Penllyn during my holidays. My work included yard duties, exercising liveries and escorting rides.
During the last year of my studies in Reaseheath I worked for Bentley Equine, a newly established livery yard where I also kept my own event horse on livery. My main achievement here was to assist in the organisation of the Open Day for the yard which was a highly prestigious event to promote the new yard and attract new customers. The day included a tour of the yard and the facilities and presentations by Geoff Billington. My other duties here included, supervising and training staff, exercising & managing the livery horses.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am a cheerful hardworking person and have a passion for working with horses. I work well as a team but also enjoy working on my own initiative and I have always been credited for my hard work and enthusiasm.
I am a natural communicator and have excellent customer service & sales experience. I work well to deadlines & targets and have a flexible proactive approach to my work.
I have experience in eventing, dressage, show jumping and showing. I have worked as a groom for major events and can turn out to a high level.
I have competed in one day events, affiliated & unaffiliated dressage competitions, showjumping and showing. I have worked on a number of stud yards and am experienced in handling stallions and young stock. I have a dutch warm blood who I regularly compete I have also ridden a range of liveries, young horses and British Grand Prix Dressage horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love animals and have a passion for horses, I have been riding since I could walk and working with them since I was 14 years old. I love the trust and bond between a horse & rider and the satisfaction of achievement gained through horsemanship.
Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to build on my experience to date and diversify into other fields in the equine industry and also improve my management skills.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have the qualifications and experience required for a career with horses and I have the personality and determination to succeed in anything I do.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
To broaden my experience in the equine world and personal development.
• Do you need accommodation?
It depends where the job is
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
If the job is in the UK, I would like, if possible to bring my event horse who requires stabling in the winter
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?