- Age 39 years
- Date of Birth 5th June 1981
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 8th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 Week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Head Person, Manager, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 12.5st / 79.4kg / 175lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Classical, College, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Show Jumping, Stud, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have over 20 years professional equine experience. Competent and confident with extensive knowledge in preparing horses for competitions up to and including FEI level European competitions.
Educated to Degree level in Equine and Estate Management, supported by diverse equine industry experience. Developing skills in Equine Veterinary Practices, Fe Equine Lecturing, Competition Riding, and Yard and Event Management. I have worked in various different disciplines, Eventing, Hunting, Showing, Dressage, SJ, Breeding, and sales.
I am very adept at dealing with all manner of equines in a confident and sympathetic way. I have extensive experience in staff management, and fostering client relationships.
- Class 2 HGV License
- Riding and training
- Handling youngstock
- Backing and breaking
- Supervision and management
- Time management
- Equine and human 1st aid
- Show preparation
- Horse handling
- Natural horsemanship
- Estate maintenance
- Tractor driving
- Staff management
- Equine behavior
- Mediation & Problem Solving
- Business Development & Planning
- Performance Management and Team Development
- Student management
- Conducting training/ assessments
- High stress Environments
- Customer Relationship Management
Strengths and Weaknesses
Horses have been a passion of mine since I was a young girl. I have been very fortunate to grow up with horses, and since I have been blessed with a long and enjoyable career, gaining some invaluable experiences along the way.
You will find me fully committed to attaining the very highest standards of horse care, and doing my very best to enable the team to achieve their equine goals.
I am competent at ground work and schooling on the flat, having been trained up to PSG level dressage. However I am not a jumper….. I’m terrible at seeing a stride coming into a fence……..
I have my class 2 HGV licence, and feel 100% confident driving lorries, however I have limited experience at driving anything bigger than a 7.5t lorry and no experience of utilising Tacos. this said I am a very fast learner and don’t foresee this to be an issue long term.
You will find me to be a very organised, well-spoken, energetic, confident, and personable. I pay great attention to detail, am a quick study and very adaptable, the type of person on whom your customers and team members can rely on.
I am now looking for a new challenging role, either riding or non riding.
I would prefer accommodation, however I am happy to source my own accommodation locally. I do have a dog and a horse, which will move to a new position with me.