- Age 35 years
- Date of Birth 13th July 1985
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Berkshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Earliest start date 28th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Na
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Horse Transport, Polo
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have previously run my own hunting/competition yard for about 4 years. I successfully managed the care and fitness of hunters from bringing them in off summer grass & seeing them through to the end of the season. I also have experience in problem horses that often came to me for education. Whilst I had my own yard, I also rode out part time for a local point to point trainer.
I changed career from previously being cabin crew to joining a point to point yard near Newmarket where I was a work rider for a trainer there. I gained more experience here and often rode work and schooled the pointers as well. This was a seasonal job and finished in April 2017. In May 2017, I joined Godolphin as an exercise rider where I learnt lots within the TB industry. My main role here was breaking in yearlings and eventually cantering them away on the gallops in a string.
In the past with my own horses, I have competed BE grassroots 90/100, showjumped to Newcomers BSJA, teamchased open level, completed the Melton hunt ride and had a few rides pointing. I also hunt regularly.
- Plaiting & turning horses out to a high standard.
- Improving weak & immature horses both on the ground & in ridden work.
- Schooling horses over fences
- Working in a team.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Strengths and Weaknesses
Watching horses improve and achieving results.
I have a varied amount of experience that could be beneficial.
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Taking pride in my work with them.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? No