- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 2nd March 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region East Yorkshire, UK, North Yorkshire, UK, South Yorkshire, UK, West Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 28th May 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Foaling, Livery, Rehabilitation, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been around horses on and off since I was 8 years old, in the last 4 years I have owned my own. I have a Connemara gelding that I have had to rehabilitate from lameness issues and a I have a 4 year old highland pony which I backed and I am schooling myself. I have worked on two different equine yards one of which was a private yard and the other was a completion yard/livery yard. I have also helped a friend school and look after some of the top ponies in the country that compete at HOYS. I have a level 2 equine care and riding qualification at distinction* grade.
I am very good at handling different types of horses from timid to extremely highly strung, I am calm and confident with them and always take my time to ensure the horse is never stressed. I am a competent rider and will give anything a try. I can work alone or within a team, i can plait and clip, turn out for shows.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? I Enjoy working with horses because they are my passion and I really connect with them.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve? I would like to improve on my riding skills and learn knee techniques.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? Employers should consider me because I’m a hard worker and if I get asked to do a job I’ll make sure I get the job done professionally and it will get done properly even if I have to stay longer than my working hours to make sure everything is how it should be, I don’t leave a job half done. I am reliable and I will do anything to make sure the horses are cared for as if they are my own.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? I would like to gain more riding experience and show opportunities within the equine industry and to learn as much knowledge as possible.
• Do you need accommodation? No I have my own.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? No they all live with me.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I do have 2 horses of my own to look after.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?