- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 27th February 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Hampshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours
- Earliest start date 29th May 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Available for freelance/short term jobs immediately.
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Therapeutic Riding, Trekking, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Long Rein, Muck Out, Ride, School, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been passionate about horses my whole life and have been riding since the age of 5. I am now an intermediate rider and am looking for a job with horses. I have gained experience in a busy riding school/livery yard. This included leading, tacking up & untacking, grooming, turning out, mucking out, flat work, hacking out, schooling and feeding. I am very confident around horses of all sizes and level of training. I have also had experience with green horses, unridden horses, as well as very tall (18hh), young and skittish horses.
Some of my skills are: working alone, working in a team, working with children and the disabled, handling/riding horses, natural horsemanship, first aid, grooming, mucking out, hacking out, schooling, exercising and feeding.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I am passionate about horses and ponies of all kinds! I find it very easy to bond with horses and enjoy learning each of their little personality traits and quirks. I love getting to know the horses I am working with as to better improve communication and the way I handle and care for them.
Things I would like to improve:
I am eager to learn more and gain even more experience in the equine industry.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a very flexible, hard working individual and I am always happy to learn more! I am passionate about my work and put 100% effort into every task I am given. I can work happily alone or in a team, and I truly take pride in my work. I enjoy feeling that I have made a difference. I do not claim to be an expert, but I can promise that I am a fast learner, a hard worker, and very eager to be an asset to your yard or stable.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to learn more about the equine industry and gain some more experience working with horses.
• Do you need accommodation?
No, I live in Wellow (Romsey) and have my own transport.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I do have dogs, but do not have to bring them to work with me. They will be perfectly fine staying at home. However, If that is something you’d like, I have three who are very friendly to choose from as a yard dog!
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am a student currently on my gap year. I am looking for work starting ASAP which I hope to carry on into my time at university. On days off and weekends I would like to continue part-time work. But If you are looking for a temporary helper until September, I am happy to do that as well.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
31st of July – 3rd of June (long weekend) at Center Parcs. However, this may end up being cancelled due to coronavirus.