- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 6th November 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 29th May 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been brought up around horses my entire life. From the age of 7 I volunteered at a riding school helping tack/untack, muck out, bed up and groom the horses until I got my first pony. I began competing at local shows in showing classes, moving on to working Hunter and showjumping when I realised my passion was more for jumping. After outgrowing him I went in to school and back youngsters for a friend to sell on. At 14 I got my first long term horse who had many behavioural issues. I had to re-break and re-school her with the help of my mum. 2 years later I started competing in low level dressage and jumping always being in the top three. I now have my own horse, a 4 year old ex racer who is currently in rehabilitation due to health issues I wasn’t told about. Before she got ill I fully broke her on my own and began producing her. I am now freelance riding/exercising difficult horses and young horses locally.
I did spend a year doing horse management at Bishop Burton before deciding I wanted to be working rather than in college. Whilst there I did 2 weeks work experience at Amy Woodhead’s yard in Immingham helping with her dressage horses.
I can work alone or in a team however have always been left to my own devices so naturally find it more enjoyable in a team environment. I have recently been improving my clipping skills. I love plaiting manes however not as great with tails so I tend to keep them pulled. I do have experience with stallions and handle one on a regular basis currently. I also regularly ride/handle young horses; owning one myself. I find I am quite calm and gentle with the horses after always been taught to work quietly and calmly around them.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy watching them progress, I love the reward that comes with training them and looking after them to make them an overall better horse.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my experience and knowledge as I believe you can never stop learning.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hardworking, willing to work on my own or in a team and wanting to learn. I understand that everyone has their own ways of working with horses and would love to expand my knowledge on different methods to improve my own work with horses.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to be a groom and help at shows if possible. I would like a riding position to expand my riding skills however it’s not essential.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I would like to bring my horse but not essential
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?