- Age 40 years
- Date of Birth 27th February 1980
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Bedfordshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK, Canada, Channel Islands, Cornwall, UK, Devon, UK, Dubai (UAE), France, Germany, Hampshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, London, Qatar, South Carolina, United States, Spain, Suffolk, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours
- Earliest start date 1st June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period NA
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Part of a Team, Manager, Other, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, College, Dealer, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Retail, Sales, Showing, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Muck Out, Plait, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have experience with horses from taking my son to riding lessons and being around a yard environment in a teaching setting. I also have experience from volunteer work I carry out at an RDA setting near me. Plus I have helped to provide daily care for ponies/horses where I have mucked our stables, poo picked fields, carried out basic grooming and feeding requirements. I’m happy to provide freelance services or undertake a location specific role.
I have recently completed 2 courses in Horse Care and Stable Management and Equine Psychology.
I’m happy to work either alone or as part of a team as long as there is clear direction as to what is required from all team members. I have a particular interest in grooming and care of the horses in order to make them the best horse that they can be. I would like to expand my grooming related skills and I’m happy to gain any experience in this area of equine care.
I have some first aid training and many years experience of working in a customer service environment. I also have experience of running my own business and I’m educated to degree level; plus have a full, clean driving license.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Everything! There is nothing about working within an equine environment that I don’t like.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
As a relative novice I’m keen to improve on all areas but as already mentioned my specific area of interest is grooming and maintenance.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am extremely committed to gaining and expanding my skills and wish to make this a long term career pathway. I am flexible in hours that I can work and locations and have my own transportation.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Despite having a degree in Marketing I’m looking at a more practical, hands on role. However I am flexible and would consider most opportunities presented to me. I am aware that I would gain the best experience from starting at the bottom and moving up the ladder and I’m definitely happy to commit to training and reading associated with the career parhway.
• Do you need accommodation?
This would depend on whether I was relocating.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
Yes, July 26 for 1 week.