- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 23rd August 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Bedfordshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, Huntingdonshire, UK, Suffolk, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 6th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Up to 1 month (potentially)
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Polo, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
- Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have worked on a polo yard doing things including tacking up/ preparing for lessons and polo games, exercising ponies, general yard duties.
I am currently working at a private event yard, I work as a team to keep the yard tidy and clean, administer medication to any, prepare feeds, exercise, general yard duties. We have broodmares, foals and homebred youngstock that I take care of and handle as well as older, current and ex eventers.
I studied at level 3 Horse Management in college. I studied how to bandage, clip, feeding, plaiting, turning out for competition, lunging, long reining and backing youngsters.
I’ve also worked in a variety of other yards from livery to DIY and riding schools and helping out with the disabled in lessons.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc.
Working alone, working with others, handling youngsters and foals, plaiting, keeping a yard tidy and clean. I’m a sympathetic rider and person in general to other people. Getting on with jobs productively. Fixing things (eg. Broken rugs/headcollars/ ropes/ clips/lightbulbs ect.)
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Being around them, love to ride, love a challenge, not scared of getting on a young/ green/ challenging horse. I’m a productive person, I like to get yard duties done well and properly.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Plaiting (a bit). Long reining, lungeing, clipping and backing youngsters.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a productive person, I like to get jobs done and the place looking tidy, clean and smart. I am friendly and keen to learn new thing and practice key skills. Sociable and helpful, can work alone or in company well and enjoy having things to do. I’ve had 16 years experience working with horses and riding different kinds of horses. I’ve participated in voluntry work as well as paid and activities like pony club as a child. I’m handy fixing things and coming up with solutions to problems. I am also kind and considerate of other people (and animals).
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
More riding and helping back youngsters/ more experience in backing youngsters myself. The opportunity to go to more shows/more competitions, More key skill practice and potentially the opportunity to gain a lorry/small trailer licence.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Access to outside via cat flap or window (this is not essential though)
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?