- Age 33 years
- Date of Birth 17th March 1987
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries Ireland, Northern Ireland, United States of America, United Arab Emirates
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, Moped
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 14st / 88.9kg / 196lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Sales, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Irish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Sales Preparation, Stallion Handling, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Having grown up in a professional and competitive showjumping background I understand the demands of a busy working yard.
I am a member of the worshipful company of farriers, I qualified in February 2011. Since qualifying I have worked in several high profile racing yards for a company called chapel forge farriers Ltd based in Lambourn. In 2016 I set up my own business and currently provide farrier services for a number of high profile yards based in Lambourn, I have worked with many top class horses including Toast of New York and Saoluen. This role involves many aspects, including dealing with a variety of people on a day to day basis including, yard managers, trainers, veterinary surgeons and my own employees, I’m regularly faced with difficult cases that need resolution by way of quick thinking.
I currently work long hours and varied hours and I am willing and capable of being flexible to get the job done.
I am a highly skilled farrier with 14 years experience. I have a passion for corrective shoeing, I have undertaken a work shadow placement in Kentucky which dealt primarily with equine podiatrists and I have a particular interest in acrylic work.
As part of my current role as owner and director of Britton farrier services Ltd I train and supervise junior farriers on a daily basis, I am responsible for ensuring a high level of services is provided to all the racing yards we attend. I have previously trained apprentice farriers, and I have a talent for nurturing young talent ensuring they become excellent qualified farriers.
As a business owner, I am required to managed all aspects of the business, I carry out stock takes, I visit racing yards to establish the amount of work required, meet with trainers and veterinary surgeons to make a shoeing plan to optimize soundness and comfort for the horses.
Looking forward to hearing from you.