- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 13th June 2002
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cambridgeshire, UK, Lincolnshire, UK, Rutland, UK
- Job Category Part Time, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 15th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked with horses for a few years one of the local livery yards near where I live. I have currently just completed a btec level 2 horse management course at Brooksby College, Melton. I will get my grades in August and am hoping to get a merit:distinction.
I am able to look after horses in all aspects from grooming, mucking out, plating, clipping, handling horses, riding, lunging, turning out and bringing back in again.
I am a self motivated person who can work on my own or as part of a team. I’m a friendly reliable person who strives to get the job done at a high level in order not to stress the horses or let my employees down. I am able to use my own initiative and take charge if the need arises.
I enjoy clipping and grooming horses, to make them look their best. Also enjoy lunging horses and seeing them improve with their walks, trot & canter.
Im able to turn out and bring horses back in, feed them and also muck stables out too
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Enjoying being able to go out, talk to horses and them responding. Enjoy watching them learn new skills and feeling proud when I have been the one to this with them. Gaining their trust and them allowing you to groom, tack them up and help them if they are unsure or unwell.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I have ridden horses for a few years. Need to become more confident when in canter or jumping.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a realible person, who likes to see the job done to a high standard. I can communicate with people on all levels i.e from grooms to managers in a confident manner. I am always willing to learn new skills or improve on the ones that I have to make me more knowledgeable and confident in the work I do.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Any equine work from mucking out, grooming, lunging and riding.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a horse, but he will stay where he is as i’m only able to work local.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Will be going to university in September to do a degree in Equine Science
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?