- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 10th December 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Ireland, Northern Ireland
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 15th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No notice
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Home Groom, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Racing Flat, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been riding for 14 years. Within these 14 years I have ridden a variety of different horses with varying temperaments. Due to this, I can easily adapt to different horses in order to bring out the best of them. I have also experience in bringing on young horses as well as backing and breaking. I have worked and volunteered in a variety of yards, such as rehabilitation and rescue centres, livery and competition yards, riding schools and private yards. I also attended CAFRE in Enniskillen to complete a Level Three Extended Diploma in Horse Management and and since completed a degree in Equine Behavioural Science at Writtle University College. Both of these courses have taught me valuable knowledge, however I am always willing to learn and further my knowledge. I also have experience in competition as I used to compete my own horse on a weekly basis in the showjumping season and I have scribed for dressage judges at the competition yard where I used to work. I have helped in the running of competitions and have groomed for riders for both dressage and showjumping.
- handling and riding young horses
- working alone
- working as part of a team
- long reining
- double lungeing
- backing and breaking
- general yard duties
- sole charge
- equine behaviour
- time management
- good communication skills
- honest and reliable
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
It’s such as rewarding job. There’s nothing better than seeing a horse recover from an injury through rehabilitation, observe a foal growing up, or seeing a horse going out and doing well competitively.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My clipping skills. I can do basic clips when assisted but would love to improve this skill in the future.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a very reliable and hardworking person. I keep working until the task is completed. I work very well as part of a team or alone and can take sole charge if required. I am very eager to learn new skills and continue to develop existing skills.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to further my knowledge and gain experience in different areas of the equine industry.
• Do you need accommodation?
If a job is located further than approximately 20 miles outside of Belfast, yes.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
No – however, I am graduating university but the graduation date has been pushed back indefinitely due to covid-19 but plenty of notice will be given when a new date has been confirmed.