- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 29th January 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Channel Islands, Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, Wiltshire, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 7th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Horse Transport, Rescue, Rehabilitation
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have worked in many different disciplines and have experience working for varied employers and can adapt to work to an employers specification. I have trained many of my own horses including ex racers and dressage warmbloods. I am currently training as an equine and canine physiotherapist via distance learning in my own time.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Having worked in racing, eventing and dressage, I have had to numerously prepare horses for competitions/races and can turn out to a high standard. Yard work is second nature to me and I have developed a very high standard and expectation of this. Having decided to study physiotherapy, I have a keen interest in therapy and rehabilitation and a good quality of first aid and injury prevention knowledge and skills.
Having worked for British Dressage HQ I have a great understanding of how an equine business works behind the scenes in an office and can work well within a busy office environment. I quickly learnt how to multitask and prioritise jobs and how to deal with customer concerns via telephone and email communications.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The satisfied feeling of finishing up at the end of the day, looking back down a quiet barn full of horses all happily eating.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would love to develop my rehabilitation skills and business development knowledge.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am adaptable to the job and have a very professional and happy manner, I will work hard and aim to keep everyone happy and confident.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
• Do you need accommodation?
No accommodation required if within a reasonable distance from home
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Must have time to do my own horse or suitable warning in order to make alternative arrangements
I am currently still studying so maintaining time to fulfil this is still a priority
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
No planned holidays – however my sisters wedding is booked (10.10.20) which falls over a weekend