- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 21st September 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cambridgeshire, UK, Norfolk, UK, Suffolk, UK
- Job Category Part Time, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 7th June 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term June- October
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period -
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rehabilitation, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I’ve had experience with horses since I was 6 years old. I started working with horses in 2015 on/ off including managing the yard and lunging/ riding the horses at a family yard. I sent 2 weeks of work experience at Sharon Hunt Eventing where I looked after the horses, prepared them for competitions, tacked up for Sharon, hacked and schooled the horses, handled foals and brood mares and was taught some equine massage. I also worked for Liz and Mark Mills at The Dressage Company where I handled the 30 competition horses including stallions, I have also attended competitions for Caroline Bridge and other eventers helping prepare the horse, help warm up and undertake recovery for post-cross county. I am very competent working with horses and have built up a great deal of knowledge over the years.
As well as working with horses I have competed up to 1*/ Intermediate-Novice on my own horse which I produced from a 5 yo; I have also competed up to Elementary level dressage and 1.20 show jumping as well as experience hunting.
Alongside this, I have baby sat, thus have experience with children. I have also done a bit of house keeping/ garden work so am very versatile and pick new jobs up quickly.
I am very comfortable working alone as I did at the family yard or as part of a team which I did at the competition yards. I am able to plait, trim, pull manes and turnout for competitions as well as tack up/ bandage for training. I have handled brood mares, stallions and foals in the past and feel competent doing so. I am a very competent rider and have ridden a range from 14 hh connemaras to 4 yo to 17 hh eventers.
I have helped with general household jobs and gardening as well as helping with the children (picking up/ dropping off/ entertaining) and have worked with children and ponies at pony club.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Have always loved horses so have a strong passion; I love the variability of the job and really enjoy the hard work that comes alongside it.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to learn more skills such as clipping and gain more valuable knowledge from successful riders.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am extremely hard working and motivated, I will the job done to a high standard and don’t mind going that little bit extra. I am very quick to learn and settle into a new job.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I still work for one lady but only occasionally so wouldn’t affect my new job.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
Not at the moment