- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 15th February 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Avon, UK, Bedfordshire, UK, Berkshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK, Cheshire, UK, Cleveland, UK, Cornwall, UK, Cumberland, UK, Cumbria, Derbyshire, UK, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, Durham, UK, East Sussex, UK, East Yorkshire, UK, Essex, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Greater London, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Hampshire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, Humberside, UK, Huntingdonshire, UK, Ireland, Isle of Wight, UK, Kent, UK, Lancashire, UK, Leicestershire, UK, Lincolnshire, UK, London, Merseyside, UK, Middlesex, UK, Norfolk, UK, North Yorkshire, UK, Northamptonshire, UK, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland, UK, Northumberland, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Republic of Ireland, Rutland, UK, Scotland, UK, Shropshire, UK, Somerset, UK, South Yorkshire, UK, Southern Ireland, Staffordshire, UK, Suffolk, UK, Surrey, UK, Tyne and Wear, UK, Wales, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, West Sussex, UK, West Yorkshire, UK, Westmorland, UK, Wiltshire, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 21st June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I am an enthusiastic individual who approaches tasks and new challenges with commitment and energy. I am capable of working well to support a team, or able to use initiative to work alone and problem solve.
I have a friendly approachable personality, am reliable and able to prioritise work schedule. Through previous employment I have gained transferable skills including customer service, liaising with clients, customers and supplies to maintain professional relationships.
I have 6 years experience working with a variety of horses and clients to support with general exercise, braking, ground work, lessons and providing full livery – meeting both the needs and requirements of horse and owner. I am flexible, patient and respectful of wishes. Whilst being able to offer advice and support.
Working within the tack shop I have gained knowledge of a variety of feeds and supplements to advise customers in relation to nutritional requirements + benefits to support conditions/ hormonal needs and general extra support to the horse/pony.
My current role hard/livery supervisor involves riding, lunging horses and ponies. I have been bringing a few horses on as well as braking three horses in the last year. I have brought many of horses back into work from injuries, laminitis or that have been turned away etc. I have also rode many of horses that are already schooled from horses knowing the basics to 4* event horses. I have experience with all types of horses that been calm and easy to strong and powerful horses. Mates and foals to dominant stallions.
I have loads of experience of turning horses out to an amazing standard. Including bathing, trimming and pulling. Bandaging and racking up and also untacking. I have turned horses out to an amazing standard for both completions and to be sold and seen by clients viewing horses for sale.
I have experience of groom role/rider on other yards, having to stay at home and look after the yard along with going away and assisting at competitions. I have had quite a bit experience with first aid with horses that been my own horses injuries, liveries horses or previous yards horses. From little cuts to huge gashes, laminitis, colic, and foaling.
I currently have a 16/16.1 coloured mare of my own that Im bringing on and would love to see where I could go with her. My ambitions are to event and work through the levels. I am a tried and will give anything a go and work hard towards the things I want to achieve. Everything I do I always make sure they are done at the highest of standards and very professional.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I most enjoy making sure that the horses are well looked after and most of all that they are happy and healthy. I love the atmosphere around horses and working with such amazing animals and staff aswell.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Id like to improve a few skills as in clipping and pulling. I would also like to improve and better my riding and experience with horses. Build and go as far as possible with them.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a very enthusiastic team player and very well mannered and approachable person. I am easy to get along with and very willing and eager to learn and progress and do the best I can. I like to do everything to perfection and on time and the the best of my ability. I like to think no matter what I do I always do it to the best of my ability.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience with horses and better my knowledge and go far with them. No only progress myself but help the horses, the team and others around me succeed there goals and ambitions.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, accommodation would be required
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
No, I have a lovely 16.1 sports horse, mare. She is a typical moody mare but very willing and wanting to please.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?