- Age 28 years
- Date of Birth 22nd November 1991
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 11th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period n/a
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight Under 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Classical, College, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have ridden since a toddler in many different settings I have experience of riding and competing in both Western and English disciplines and I currently have four ponies kept at my own yard where all management and maintenance is completed by myself, two of who are from a sanctuary (care has been arranged for the horses to give me the opportunity to work abroad). I have worked in numerous livery yards including for a top dressage rider, and worked in an RDA setting whilst doing my NVQ2 Horse Care. I have experience of showing miniature ponies along with organising and helping to run shows. I have worked for a pony party company attending fetes and homes for parties this involved making sure the ponies were presentable and travelling them to the destinations arriving at the correct times. I have also worked for five years as a fostering officer at a horse sanctuary undertaking visits to sanctuary ponies and horses on foster to check and record their welfare.
Working alone and as a team player
Ability to listen and take instructions
House and pet sitting/ holiday cover
Taking the initiative and staying calm in a crisis or stressful situation
Working under pressure
Working to high standards
Working well with members of public
Pull and trim
Turn out for shows
Handling nervous and lively horses
Riding and handling a variety of horses and ponies
Ability to ride small ponies
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The varied day to day routine
Over coming challenges
Working on ridden techniques
Working on handling
Making a difference to how a horse develops
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my level of riding and knowledge in all areas of equine management as I believe you never stop learning and you can always learn something new from the people and animals you meet.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am dedicated and loyal,with a hard working and can do, problem solving attitude. I am a good team player getting on with most people that I meet. I always give 100% and strive to learn new things and am quick to learn.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Learn new disciplines from professionals
Learn different techniques
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?