- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 6th July 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cheshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 20th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Rescue, Rehabilitation
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, School, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
My first job was at the age of 16 working at my local riding school as a groom which i maintained until its closure. I have been riding since a young age and have part loaned horses since I was 16 and currently part loan a 19 year old TB X ID. I ave also carried out my first BHS Stages achieving road safety and complete horsemanship Stage 1. I am currently employed at Cheshire Riding School and thoroughly enjoy this job due to the friendly staff and fantastic horses however after completing my degree I would like a job ideally on a rehabilitation yard. My Equine degree was completed at Reaseheath college and I firstly completed an FdSc in Equine physical therapies and rehabilitation where I learnt about horse behaviour, anatomy and physiology, massage and ground working. I recently completed a top up year in BSc Equine Science which has expanded my knowledge. I have spent my life around horses and this is where my passion lies. I am currently 21 years old and have always worked as a basic groom however would like to change this and focus on a career in equine massage, physiotherapy and rehabilitation.
I am good at working within a team however also enjoy working alone and can complete tasks in either environment. I enjoy rehabilitation techniques such as ground working and using natural horsemanship to build relationships with horses in addition to using physical therapy methods such as sports massage and stretching to improve a horses locomotion and promote injury healing.
I have also completed an apprenticeship in digital marketing so have developed skills in social media and business management.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Whilst working with horses, every day is different and I personally find job satisfaction when helping a horse improve in a certain task or recover from an injury.
I would like to improve on my clipping skills and turnout abilities.
Employers should consider myself above other job seekers due to the fact I have experience working on busy yards with a range of horses in addition to maintaining these jobs whilst completing my Equine degree and part loaning my own horse. I have learnt significant knowledge during my degree and also have practical skills gained during my current work. In addition I also am booked on to an Equine Sports Massage course to allow me to be fully qualified to perform equine massage and I am always looking for ways to improve my skills.
I would like to be able to work in rehabilitation and perform massage and physical therapies on horses in order to improve movement after injuries or benefit the horses welfare.
I would like a job local enough that accommodation is not necessary.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
A 1 week equine sports massage course booked in September.