- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 20th August 2002
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’0” / 152cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, Classical, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been involved with horses from being a very small child, I helped look after my families horses and when I became old enough I moved on to loaning ponies. I bought my first pony six years ago when I started my first job on a stable yard as a stable hand before moving on to a head groom/ rider position at only 14 years old. I handled a huge variety of horses from foals to fit competition horses. I was administering medication and assisting the vet with injured horses or treatment plans during this position. From this yard I met a lady with a young welsh pony who needed a small but confident rider, in just a few months I had backed the pony and had began taking her to a few local shows. During my time working with this pony I gave the owners children some basic riding lessons which progressed to the boys now both competing successfully in the pony club. I left this position to work at Pen Llyn lusitano stud and riding centre in Wales for the summer, during this time I groomed and turned out to a high standard, completed many classical dressage lessons alongside leading treks around the welsh countryside with riders of all abilities. I attended a four day show with the team and assisted in all show prep including bathing and tack care. I handled many stallions and challenging horses as well as helping the team to back two youngsters. I also assisted in the rehabilitation of two horses under strict diets and assisted in vet care for a horse with colic. During my time at the yard a horse arrived that had serious head shyness and I helped train the horse out of the behaviours that were causing issues with bridling. Since leaving the stud yard I have purchased an unhandled 5.5 month old Lusitano colt who is now 13 months, over the time that I have worked with him we have achieved a huge amount of personal goals by doing groundwork with him including a small liberty routine with my first pony.
working alone, working as part of a team, clipping, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, breaking, assisting with veterinary care, administering medication/ supplements, riding small ponies to larger horses, leading treks, assisting with basic/ child lessons.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the variety between each horses personality and how different each horse is.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would love to improve my riding and possibly progress my passion for Liberty work.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I believe I am a very versatile rider with an excellent understanding of horse behaviour. I enjoy helping horses lead happier lives through rehabilitation or simply learning a new discipline in which they enjoy.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would enjoy a role that includes riding and mostly groom work.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes if the yard is not local to me
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have two horses (a small welsh b gelding and a Lusitano colt)
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?