- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 11th November 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region West Sussex, UK
- Job Category Freelance, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 8th June 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Yes
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Sales, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been around horses all my life, I started riding at the age of 5 at a riding school, I was there everyday I was allowed to be. Though my younger years I was a member of South Down Hunt East pony club, this is where I learnt everything about horses, I had the chance to take part in rallies, stable management, hunting, showjumping, eventing, dressage, hacking all day and many more activities. Whilst in the pony club I took part in pony camp where I was a leader for 3 of the years, the last year being there I won the Laker cup.
Gettimg my first pony 10 years ago, I learn so much about having a horse like organising vets,Farrier’s and insurance. I took her to all my work experiences and then to my recent job at Gemma Tattersall’s where I went from BE90 to BE Novice in one season.
I have worked at Gemma’s for the past 4 years going from a working pupil to her second rider therefore have gained a lot of knowledge and experience.
I am able to clip, plait, turnout up to a high level, break in, handle youngsters, deal with stallions, riding all aspects and fitness training. I work well in both a team and by myself.
Other skills are making sure I keep myself fit by running and weight training. I tend to run every Saturday morning for about 14 miles long as it helps me keep determined.
Strengths and Weaknesses
My favourite part about working with horses is the riding, I love everything about riding horses especially working with the young horses as it’s so rewarding.
I would like to be able to take charge more and take part in organising the yard.
I feel like I have a lot of experience and am always keen to try my best and keep learning and this is why I should be considered above other job seekers.
I would like to ride and get involved with a team and be a big part of a business.
Accommodation isnt Important
I do not have any pets, commitments or holidays booked.