- Age 59 years
- Date of Birth 9th September 1961
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Surrey, UK
- Job Category Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 8th June 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term AVAILABLE
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period NONE
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t, Moped
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’1” / 154cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Broodmares, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Muck Out, Sales Preparation, Supervisory Skills, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I had many years of experience when I was growing up working on a Racing Stud in Surrey. I used to help with mucking out, feeding, turning out, foaling watch, preparing the yearlings for the sales in Newmarket. I had a lot of experience with mares & foals and also riding out in a racing yard for a couple of trainers in Surrey when I was working full time as an event co-ordinator. I have spent many years having to be highly organised working to deadlines for many events. I am used to talking to clients and suppliers and used to working on my own initiative. I am looking for a change in direction in the ‘horse’ environment again. I would be happy to work as a freelancer, part time or full time.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am a very good organiser, used to communication with a large team of people, making sure all the paperwork is correct. I am very good on excel, word and ppt. I am very self motivated and used to working at home or away on site.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The smell of the stables, the people, the outdoors.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have worked for 35 years as a freelance event co-ordinator. I have most of my work by word of mouth or recommendation and have had lots of repeat work. I am a hard worker, quick learner and very efficient.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
A busy working environment and be a valued employee.
• Do you need accommodation? No
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Not essential but I would bring my terrier to work if I could.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
A weekend Sept 4th.