- Age 27 years
- Date of Birth 20th July 1993
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales
- County/State/Region West Midlands, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 15th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Housekeeper, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
During my time working for David Dennis Racing main duties entailed mucking out and grooming the horses to a high standard whilst responsible for health, weight, general well-being, feeding, paddock maintenance and administering medicines. It also included exercising on the gallops and the responsibility of driving them to the Races in a 3.5 tonne horsebox, whilst at the races we would need to manage our time well to get the horse’s ready for their race; doing their specific stretches, getting them tacked up with the right equipment, leading them round making sure they are warmed up ready, to make sure they cool down sufficiently and handle any injuries they may have picked up. Whilst I do not hold a current lorry or trailer licence, it is something I am looking into doing.
At Hartpury College we studied a wide range of modules including; Equitation Teaching, Horse Nutrition, Event Management, Horse Behaviour, Horse Husbandry and Stable Skills to name a few. Although I do not have a BHS qualification I have privately taught a girl attending school at The Elms and a wide range of clients at Callow End Riding School, I am a very driven person with the desire to undertake training to further my career and knowledge.
I feel I have the following attributes, qualifications and experiences to bring to the role; in my position as Lead Hockey Coach, Assistant Aquatics and Girls Sports Coach for Highgate School, a very fast paced independent school, I worked with all ages from Year 1 to 13. My primary responsibilities in this role included; creating a new scheme and a personalised curriculum to bring into the school and a pioneering, innovative and influential way that Hockey was taught and perceived, coaching sports and exercise lessons, providing pastoral care and monitoring the health and well-being of pupils including nutrition, discretion, understanding of different situations to ensure students have a positive and purposeful approach to learning. Safeguarding played a huge role in the running of the department. I have excellent organisational skills and managed a team of 11 teachers and coaches, giving them further training and development through myself and relevant governing bodies, with a strategic approach to workforce development along with the implementation and monitoring of a workforce plan we strive to perfection. A Major part of the role was organising all hockey fixtures for the following year including catering, transport and ensuring the pupils are turned out to the highest standards. The most challenging part of the role was to manage the budgets for transport, catering, equipment and tours, making sure to allocate resources and monitor expenditure. I am adept at liaising with maintenance teams within all my previous jobs, to maintain standards, health and well-being to pupils, staff members and clients. Within my previous employments I have been flexible with my working hours dependant on the requirements needed to fulfil the work load.
I am passionate about all sport and getting people active, my main sports are Netball, Hockey and Riding. I am actively involved in all aspects of both my Netball and Hockey clubs including sitting on the committee in a variety of roles including child welfare, as well as coaching and supporting all players and parents. I am a very driven person with the desire to undertake training to further my career and knowledge. I have played Netball and Hockey at county level and went on to play Netball at regional level for Hucclecote Netball Club so I know first-hand what it takes to go through the levels in sport and how challenging it can be to balance work and sport commitments, this outlines my commitment and shows through all of my work. I am very passionate about the importance of sharing experiences and achievements for further myself and others around me. I would best describe myself as honest, ambitious, responsive, supportive and empowering. All my previous roles and opportunities has prepared me to become an effective team member and leader, as well as my desire to promote strong sportsmanship and a healthy lifestyle.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the challenges that working with all animals entails and the problem solving that comes with this.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
There is always room for improvement in everything, it’s how you focus on these to work on your personal development.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hard working, resilient and driven.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I own an English Springer Spaniel would be a bonus if she could come along but not vital.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
My own personal Netball and Hockey Coaching but I am flexible.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
5th-15th August 2021