- Age 47 years
- Date of Birth 1st October 1973
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, Somerset, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 5th July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rehabilitation, Stud, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, School, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I am looking for a non-equine / yard based role, although I do have many years experience of working with horses, but due to a spinal injury I can no longer ride or work with horses. I am an experienced administrator with over 3 years as a Business Administrator and 2 years as a Quality and Compliance officer.
I have been the first point of call for inquiries and provided support to directors and Associates, with travel, visa applications, banking and network meetings. I have also supported the Sales and Marketing Team with CV formatting and website administration.
I have worked with the Riding for Disabled on a number of yards, and really enjoyed seeing the transformation of the children when they sat on a horse and what it did for them. I know myself how much being around horses is so beneficial in so many ways.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Non-Equine skills – I am used to working autonomously, and work well within a team, I have excellent Microsoft Office skills, I am used to handling large volumes of data. I have briefly worked for Cogent Breeding, working with cows, scoring the herd on conformation, and matching the bulls to improve any conformation issues and production.
I pick up new processes and computer programs easily, I enjoy learning new skills and thrive on challenges.
Equine Skills – I have worked on a number of yards and completed BHSAI Stages I and II. I have attended Kelly Marks Introduction to Intelligent Horsemanship course. I have worked with Stallions at a riding school, one of which was used for stud.
I am also a Reiki Practitioner for animals, I specifically took up Reiki to work with horses in some way. I have had great results with the horses I have worked with.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Just to be around horses makes me very happy and calm. I have loved horses since I was a young child and all I wanted was to work with horses in some way. I went down the teaching route, but due to my injury found the work too painful to continue, so have tried to find a new path since, but horse are passion and always will be. To find a position that allows me to part of the equine world even if i can’t work directly with them would be perfect for me.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am very versatile in what I can do, I have worked with horses but also have office experience, with excellent attention to detail and accurate data entry. I am very customer focused, I work hard to achieve high standards for whoever I work for.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to return to the world of horses, as I miss being around them, even though I know I can no longer do the manual work, I know I would be an asset to any office based role that has something to do with horses.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?