- Age 33 years
- Date of Birth 27th February 1987
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region West Sussex, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 28th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month but currently on furlough so employer may agree to less
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Veterinary Experience, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been lucky enough to have owned horses all my life and wouldn’t know life without them. I currently own 2 rescue horses, my beautiful 16hh chestnut mare who is a happy hacker and a wonderful miniature Shetland.
I competed in my teenage years but lost interest in that side of things and now am just a leisure rider. I have worked for short periods of time (holiday cover etc) at livery yards, studs and a dressage yard.
I also worked full time as a trainee riding instructor and groom at a very sought after equestrian centre a few years ago and I am now back there working in the office.
My main work experience with equines was working full time for 7 years at a rehabilitation and rehoming yard for a well known charity. Rescue equines are my passion and loved every aspect of it, particular the veterinary side of things as well as the behavioural and conditioning work. I worked as a Groom there for a few years before moving up to the management team.
I have gained my BHS exams up to Stage 3 and I have an NVQ Level 3 in Equine Business Management, which qualifies me to act as a Yard Manager for up to 7 horses, although I have managed a much larger yard.
I also specialise in donkey and mule care and have my Donkey Sanctuary Stage 4 certificate in Equine behaviour and management focusing mainly on donkeys.
Lone working/sole charge
Working as part of a team
Supervisory/ Management skill
Working with rescue horses
Equine first aid and provision of veterinary treatment
Riding if required but have no desire to ride
Keen interest and have studied nutrition
Strengths and Weaknesses
I treat all horses I work with as if they are my own and with the greatest respect. My strengths are the care and empathy I put into any job that I do. I am proactive in ensuring that horses in my are happy and healthy.
I am always looking to expand and improve my knowledge and understanding of equines and won’t accept certain mindsets when it come to training horses, which some in the the equine industry may not agree with or be open to.
I would like to find a job that I am passionate about and that I enjoy doing. Providing high quality care for animals gives me a sense of well being.
I do have a daughter that will be starting school this year so I need to work around family commitments, this is not to say that I can only work during school hours. I am used to working unsociable hours and weekends.
I do not require accommodation and I have no holidays booked for the foreseeable future.