- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 21st August 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary), Working Couple
- Earliest start date 12th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Manager, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 12.5st / 79.4kg / 175lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Classical, Dressage, Endurance, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Riding School, Showing, Therapeutic Riding, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Stallion Handling, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Three years of being a horse owner have given me a great base knowlege of the care and attention needed to look after these amazing animals. Further to this, I have been voluntarily helping out on both livery yards and riding schools, along-side my partner when an extra pair of hands are needed! This includes but is not limited to; maintaining the yard, fixing broken equipment, cleaning out stables, helping clients on and off horses and grooming.
Concerning food, I have a wealth of knowlege and experience. I have worked as a Chef for two separate companies including a premium country pub, during this time I have also catered for food festivals and parties. I am well versed in food preparation, order, and management of stock, and on top of this I have wine and alcohol training too.
In my spare time I often take on DIY projects, on the yard and at home. I have personal experience in woodworking, and metalworking. I often build jumps for the horses, fix and repair fencing and stabling around the yard and repair tack and equipment when needed.
I am practiced and trained with using gardening equipment, maintaining private gardens and lawns as well as parks and roadsides, while ensuring they are environmentally safe for people and animals using them. I also have a keen green thumb in my own home life, and enjoy growing plants and vegetables.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I have worked both as part of a team, and have lead and managed teams in all jobs and experiences. Even in my job as a driver for pharmaceutical supplies, where I would drive alone, there was still an extraordinary amount of preparation and team-work involved to ensure all medication was delivered on time, and all paperwork was maintained.
As a manager for Tesco, which is such a large company with an enormous team of workers, I would often be responsible for over 100 people at a time. This involved liaising with delivery drivers and companies, keeping check of stock levels and paperwork, working with company representives, along with ensuring each department of the store is operating smoothly. As the Duty Manager it would also be my responsibility to ensure the store was locked up, and opened in the morning and evenings I had sole charge of.
My drive and determination to complete tasks efficiently and to the top standard has been admired often, including cleaning out multiple horse stables within a very short amount of time, to a professional standard.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Knowing they are recieving the best care, and ensuring their happiness and wellness is extremely fulfilling. Working with, forming a bond, and enjoying being aroung such wonderful creatures is a feeling not many other working environments can re-create.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My riding skill is still fairly low, however it is improving all the time with more practice and determination.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am the most hard-working, determined and enthusiastic worker you will meet. When I apply myself and put my mind to a task, it will be completed to the highest standard. I truly love to work hard, and put my all into my work. I have a wealth of skill, knowlege, and experience in multiple important job roles, and an optimistic and infectious happiness.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Gain a greater understanding of key skills, and develop new ones along the way.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?