- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 15th April 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 14th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No notice period
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Racing NH, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
August 2014- August 2015- Riding escort, Burley Manor Riding stables.
May 2015- May 2017- Freelance Groom, Ashley Clinton Manor. (Event Yard)
In this I used to do several jobs for the owner of the yard including poo picking, grooming at top events and occasionally exercising her event horses. In this type of job I had to be able to remember a job and complete it on my own quickly and to a high standard. In April I bought a horse from them and now keep it with them so i still do a few jobs here and there with riding her horses but not as much with the freelance work.
September 2015- May 2017- Hunt Groom, Private family. This was my full time job for over a year and half, here i have developed skills of dealing with difficult horses and having to structure a plan for high fitness ready for the hunt season, also really being able to use some of my eventing experience to school the horses in a correct way to improve their performance. This has improved my riding a lot as i have had to be able to deal with excitable horses and keep them calm in the hunt field. I have gained experience in field management and general care of a horse’s health and well being, as i have come into contact with quite a few injuries. Having to keep calm and professional when its most needed.
January 2016- January 2017- Freelance Rider, private owners.
Here i was riding a couple of peoples horses to calm them down for the owner and to develop their muscle and way of going. This gave me the experience of being able to really use my own skills that i had developed and see the end result.
September 2017- December 2017- Yard supervisor/groom, Newlands Farm.
This was a part time job, this is a livery yard that i did in the mornings. Helping out liveries, mucking out, handling horses, dealing with injured and unwell horses, competition horses to youngsters.
December 2017- February 2018- Groom, Private family. This was my freelance work that i did looking after the families horses, exercising them on a day to day basis, keeping the yard clean, dealing with injuries and keeping on time with their working day.
February 2018- May 2019- Groom, Private family.
This was my part time job looking after their horses Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Exercising horses, keeping fields up together, dealing with vet and farrier, keeping the yard tidy. I treated these horses like my own, all weather, no matter what time they were looked after and exercised. When the family got home i was at their service to take them on enjoyable rides and helping them enjoy their time away from their busy life.
October 2018- May 2019- Farm/Horse/Cattle Groom, Norley Wood Farm.
Here i work a Wednesday and Saturday looking after horses, cows, mini donkeys, French donkeys, sheep and dogs. I did all normal farm work from mucking out barns to first aid on all animals. Keeping the farm, yard, animals and liveries happy and well.
May 2019- November 2019- Event Groom/Rider, Cholderton House for Stephen Way Equestrian.
This was my full time job, i looked after 22 horses on a daily basis 5 of which owned by Stephen the rest are liveries or schooling/backing horses. I was the head groom home and away at competitions, i did every job involved in horse care and management to mucking out and exercising fit, Young competition horses. My horse was at this yard as she joined in with training and competitions. I also house sat and looked after the owners dogs when they are away at international competitions.
November 2019- January 2020- Work Rider, Seamus Mullins National Hunt Race Yard. I was self employed at the race yard exercising 5 lots a morning taking young to older race horses onto the gallops and over the fences. I rode a range of horses from 3-10 yrs old and trained them over different terrain and in all weathers.
January 2020- May 2020- Showjump Groom/Rider- Julian Mincher Equestrian.
This was a full time job where i was self employed, i rode all horses ranging from 3 yr olds being broken in to Grand Prix Showjumping stallions. I did all normal yard duties, including looking after foals and stallions, helping liveries with their horses and grooming for a Grand Prix Showjumper.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
I own 1 horse, a 4yr old that i have broken and have started her on her eventing career, with my own experience of training horses and competing. Iv been a Gymnastics coach for 7yrs so dealing with people of all ages is very natural to me. I play darts often through the week and am a super league dart player. I also have a love of animals from farm ones to pets. Im an aspiring 5* eventer that i hope to make the Olympics one day but want to get as much experience as i can from all different environments.
Working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, trimming, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, trailer license, competition grooming, sells preparation, competing (eventing, dressage, showjumping, XC, showing, hunting)
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Being able to get to know every horse on an individual level and making sure their training plan and general needs are met to a high standard.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to learn as much as possible in everything about horses, i think i can improve on everything i do as every horse has different needs and riding styles.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Im so passionate about eventing and horse care, I myself want to compete at 5* eventing and potentially the Olympics, that i have so much motivation and drive in everything that i do in riding and grooming.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
More experience grooming at international competitions, i want to able to be the best Groom/Rider I possibly can.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes i do.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a 1yr 3month old Collie x Kelpie dog who is very well behaved and an 5yr old Warmblood Mare who is competing in eventing.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
No, nothing other than my animals.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?