- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 23rd February 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cotswolds, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Somerset, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 17th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’11” / 180cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have been around horses ever since I was little, I learned how to ride from a very young age and never looked back since.
When I first started working in the horse industry i worked at a riding/trekking centre in Scotland. I would take from all ages to all different levels of experience out on hacks through the the villages or treks in the woods, would also give the odd lesson here and there to the younger riders. I would also work with RDA helping people with disabilities learn to ride horses.
Recently I was a student on a large livery yard in Devon where I learned so many more new skills and passed my BHS exams, gained my equine first aid, Roads safety exam and gotten my NVQ qualifications. I also got to take part in many Show jumping and Dressage competitions where I felt I did well in. I also had the opportunity to take some of the horses out to local shows/camps over the summer, I am very grateful to have been given these opportunities
I also grew up on a dairy farm so I have experience with other animals such as cows, calves, sheep and chickens.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am happy to work as part of a team or by myself I genuinely don’t mind at all! I feel I am good at turning out to a high standard eg plait, French plait, bathe, pull and trim. I have handled many different types of horses eg larger breeds, youngsters, hunters, ex racehorses, pony’s etc. I am confident out hacking alone or in company, in heavy traffic or in an open field. I can school horses flatwork and can jump as-well. I always like to make sure everything is done up to a high standard and that the yard would always look tidy. I have loads of experience dealing with the farrier, physiotherapists, vets etc.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I think the are such beautiful animals I have loved them ever since I was little and cannot wait to further my experience within the horse industry! I enjoy having a connection with a horse, there is no better feeling than spending time with them and when you can trust a horse and the horse trusts you back! I love the early mornings, the mucking out, the stressful competition days, and the people you meet along the way too! I think it’s great to have a hobbie you can do for a living as it never gets boring, and you actually enjoy your job.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my Clipping skills I have clipped many before and helped out with clipping some horses but I am not 100% confident yet. Another thing would be improving confidence over bigger jumps as I never had the horses to give it a go confidently.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I believe I am a hard working and reliable individual, who is keen to learn more in the industry. I am very tidy on the yard and easy to get along with.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain experience in the eventing/showjumping side of the horse world, I don’t really mind but if it’s a happy environment where you can have a laugh ever now and again would be great.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes would prefer to have live in accommodation as I cannot drive yet. I did have lessons booked this year but due to lockdown they have been cancelled.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Not at the moment but possibly in the future.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
No holidays booked due to lockdown but possibly in the future.