- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 18th October 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Gloucestershire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 15th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 7.5t, Category C1
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’0” / 152cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Rehabilitation, Showing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Ride, Show Turnout, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have ridden my my own horses for 15 years, competing in a variety of different disciplines including show jumping, eventing and showing.
I completed the level 3 extended diploma in equine business management at Hartpury college, which expanded on the knowledge I had from owning my own horses.
During my time at Hartpury I also worked for Robert and Claire Oliver on their showing yard completing yard duties and riding horses.
I then worked for a short time for Rowland and Ali Fernyhough at their showjumping and eventing yard and completed all yard duties and worked horses from the ground.
i have also achieved my BHS stage 1 exam and plan to continue to compete more stages.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am good at working in a team but very capable of working on my own to complete duties. I have experience handling a variety of horses from youngsters to competition horses. I complete and yard duties to a high standard.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy working with horses to see them improve either in their schooling work to carry on and compete or for horses who are working through rehabilitation to come back into work.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
i would like to improve my own skills working with other horses.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hardworking and good time keeper who puts the needs of the horses first.
I am also confident communicating with a variety of different people and I am confident talking to clients both face to face and on the telephone.
I have good computer skills and I am confident working with different Microsoft programmes.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Woking in a team with horses
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
currently exercising horse 3 days a week and need to give notice.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
Holiday booked over Christmas time period