- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 28th February 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Warwickshire, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 10th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No current notice period
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Rehabilitation
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Management Skills, Muck Out, Sole charge, Veterinary Experience
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have ridden horses since the age of four. Before university, I used to produce young event horses to sell.
I have also had various work experience at many different yards, including professional event yards, show jumping yards, dressage yards, and stud yards. Most recently, I worked for Madison Penfound, an elite event rider, which involved sole charge of the yard, grooming at events, exercising event horses, turning out to a high standard. I am confident with all breeds and ages of horses, as I also spent a few years breaking-in horses for a local yard.
I also completed numerous hours of work experience at Hartpury’s Equine Therapy Centre, where I handled horses on the high-speed treadmill and water treadmill, I also held horses for veterinary inspections and lameness examinations.
Working alone and in a team, confident riding any horse, handling young horses, turning out to high standards, organised, excellent communication skills, good IT skills, good time-keeping, and good ability to meet targets and deadlines.
Excellent knowledge of the veterinary industry, as I achieved a first class honours degree in Equine Science with Therapy, where I learned great detail of all aspects of the equine industry.
Recently completed a veterinary nursing level 4 course and got a higher distinction.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? As horses are my passion and hobby, I love the environment that I am working in, whether it is exercising, grooming, or even in the office. Knowing that I am positively impacting the horses needs, is very rewarding for me.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Gain more knowledge of veterinary procedures and therapies, as this area of research is always evolving. I completed lots of research on many alternative therapies at university, so I would love to gain more practical knowledge on these.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have excellent knowledge of all aspects of the equine industry, I’m confident handling all temperaments of horses, and not afraid of hard work. My passion truly lies in this sector and I am very keen to apply the skills I already have, both academic and practical. I am a trust-worthy and reliable individual and I believe I will be a valuable asset to a team. I have to previous sales work experience, which allowed me to develop excellent communication skills, so I am confident dealing with all personalities.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Further enhance my knowledge of the veterinary industry by working alongside veterinarians and veterinary nurses. I’d like to work in both an office and practical environment, where I gain more experience in both areas.
• Do you need accommodation? No
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? No
• Do you have any ongoing commitments? No
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? No